Yoga therapy is the practice of applying the art and science of yoga, Ayurveda, as well as researched-based anatomy and kinesiology principles to optimize wellness for the individual. By integrating yoga philosophy, effective assessment methods, and the application of therapeutic yoga techniques, yoga therapy successfully addresses a wide variety of health and wellness concerns.
Yoga therapy empowers individuals to take charge of their own health by incorporating manageable practices into their daily lives. These practices are constructed by integrating time-tested yogic wisdom and tools, current applied research, and the science of behavior change. This therapeutic approach is making major breakthroughs in mainstream healthcare as a powerful, non-invasive, and cost-effective complement to Western medicine.
Designed for 200-hour Registered Yoga Teachers who are passionate about their students’ well-being, this professional 800-hour program will equip you with the specialized knowledge and practical tools to offer yoga’s healing benefits to individuals and groups with a wide array of health and wellness goals.
Yoga Yoga’s Yoga Therapy Program is one of only a small number of schools in the US to have received its accreditation from the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Upon completion of our training program, you will be eligible for certification by IAYT (C-IAYT), the most distinguished designation in the industry.
Our complete Yoga Therapy 1000 hour program includes:
- Module 1: Yoga Therapy in Practice 300 hours
- Module 2: A Career in Yoga Therapy 300 plus Professional Specialization
- Practicum & Internship program 200 Hours
MODULE 1: YOGA THERAPY IN PRACTICE (300 HOURS)
Module 1: Yoga Therapy in Practice introduces the basic skills needed for client intake, observation and assessment, as well as practical, effective tools for addressing specific aspects of the body, mind and spirit. This module uses an integrative approach to explore and define the difference between teaching yoga and the use of yoga as therapy.
Additionally, this course gives instructors a strong therapeutic foundation in order to address the needs of diverse student populations including: aging clients, athletes, and those with chronic illnesses.
Through lecture & discussion, hands-on workshops, and personal practice integration, you will learn:
- Yoga philosophy as a model for the application of yoga therapy
- Advanced Western and yogic anatomy
- Principles of subtle anatomy, Ayurveda, and the nature of the mind
- Skills and methods for interviewing and assessing clients
- How to evaluate and support a client’s needs in the context of the yoga therapy
- How to construct and deliver a yoga therapy session
- Medical aspects of common diagnoses, treatments, contraindications and redflags
- Therapeutic yoga techniques ranging from the gross to subtle
- How to apply pranayama, meditation, and relaxation to affect your client’s physical, mental and emotional well-being
- How to effectively communicate with students based on their learning style, in both individual and group settings
- The science of behavior change and application of yoga techniques towards a client’s health and wellness goals
- The foundational principles of nutrition
BEGINS SEPTEMBER 2019 with Living Yoga Dallas at Westside Wellness near Highland Park
Learn more - click here
To learn more - contact our Admissions Team
All weekend sessions meet according to the following schedule:
- Thursday 12:00 – 6:30pm with a 30-minute break
- Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm with a 1-hour break
- Saturday 9:30am – 6:00pm with a 1-hour break
- Sunday 9:00am – 4:00pm with a 1-hour break
Classes will be hosted by Living Yoga Dallas at Westside Wellness Center near Highland Park
4711 Westside Ave, located near Lemmon & the Tollway.
- September 12-15, 2019
- October 10-13
- November 14-17
- December 5-8
- January 16-19, 2020
- February 20-23
- March 19-22
- April 30 – May 3
- June 4-7
- July 16-19
Yoga Yoga has expanded the IAYT-certified Yoga Therapy programs in partnership with the local yoga teaching and healthcare professional community to major national cities. These programs will give you convenient, local access to professional trainings.
Yoga Yoga offers comprehensive, convenient training with our regional partners at a variety of yoga studios and wellness centers regionally and nationally. If yoga is your journey, and practice is your path, we want to welcome you to our community of dedicated teachers and therapists.
Together, we can create a healthier world, one student at a time.
Kirsten@LivingYogaDallas.com - subject IAYT