The purpose of this training is to help you develop a practice that supports your life, and a life that supports your practice. Living a Yogic Lifestyle allows flexibility of choice as you weave the ancient philosophy and science into your daily life.
4 Weekend Modules and 8 Weekly Online sessions
- Learn how to develop, sustain and transform your Personal Practice it as your life evolves
- Understand the foundational teachings of Ayurveda - the Science of Graceful Aging and Rejuvenation - the tradition sister science to yoga
- Discover how to choose an Ayurvedic Diet and enjoy cooking classes to support your digestion and practice
- Explore a customized self-care routine to improve quality of skin, help you enjoy deeper sleep and experience fewer colds and flus
- Understand how modern science and medicine is studying and utilizing ayurveda, yoga asana, mindfulness and meditation
- Enjoy stories and practices from the ancient texts, and learn how they inform a yogic lifestyle
- Experience the practice of Tantra, for unlimited power and protection
- Learn about the science of Mantra, its purpose, meaning and how to apply it to your life and practice
Included in the training:
- 3 Ring Binder - Training Manual & Practice Journal
- Excursions / Field Trips
- Fire Ceremony
- Satsang Gatherings (in person & online)
- Home cooked meals
- Online Practices
- Personalize Starter Kit
- Access to DFW's top teachers, and healing guides
Photo by Erik Brolin on Unsplash
Weekend Immersions: Fridays 6-9pm. Saturdays and Sundays 10am-6pm
Module 1: April 26-28
Module 2: May 17-19
Module 3: June 7-9
Module 4: June 21-23
Thursday Night Online Mantra Study 6-7pm
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
June 6, 13, 20
Kirsten Joy graduated Magna Cum Laude from UTD with a focus on Environmental Science and Business Management. She held careers in nursing and hospice prior to becoming a global finance and operations director for Dallas based software company, i2 Technologies. In 2011 her eldest beloveds began to die from terminal and chronic illness. Two months after losing her father to lung cancer, her 40 year old husband manifested his first seizure due to brain cancer. She retired her corporate career to be full time caregiver to her husband and his family for the 20 month duration of his terminal illness.
Kirsten found therapeutic yoga at the suggestion of the talk therapist that was helping her navigate the illness process. After her husband died, she began studying full time with the nations top teachers in yoga, meditation, mindfulness and traditional Indian Medicine. Today Kirsten is a Yoga Scientist, Meditation Teacher and Holistic Health Concierge, She owns Living Yoga Dallas, DFW’s premier yoga marketing platform and event production company. Kirsten studies at the Himalayan International Institute for Yoga Science & Philosophy. See her certifications here
This year she will host the International Association for Yoga Therapy certification program for Yoga as Medicine. She is also the founder of PraniLife Consulting, helping individuals live a more conscious life with improved nutrition, exercise, self-care and mindfulness programs. She provides private and public classes, workshops and health & wellness retreats.
Lavanga Latika is a certified Licensed Massage Therapist and Reiki Master. She manages Atma Bhakti Yoga Center, hosts workshops, events and cooking classes. Lavanga has been practicing yoga and massage therapy for over 25 years.
Your journal, any props you want to use, spillproof bottle