Having 2 days off in a row is considered a weekend in my muggle mind, so last night as I prepared for bed, I readied myself for the ‘work week’ ahead…except tomorrow was Thanksgiving Saturday! The bonus weekend was about to begin so my yogi mind took over - the message was clear - selfcare time was mandatory.
You, too? Then let's try this:
- Additional meditation and pranayama time
- Candle-lit abhyangha (oil massage) with a playlist dedicated to self-appreciation
- A longer than usual bath, foot scrub and pedicure (foot care is important!)
- Kitchari to support digestion and holiday detox
- Study, self-reflection, journaling, reading old journals
- A slow, long twist practice
- Yoga Nidra (daily? Twice daily?!)
- Relaxation time outside - a lot of it
- Karma yoga - giving time or resources freely to someone in need, without expectation (especially good for Pitta constitution)
- Connecting with old friends
Encore to-do - dance like no one's watching!
2 days - 10 to-dos - a weekend to say THANK YOU to body, breath, mind, and higher intelligence for all it's done over the decades!