Nature moves in cycles within cycles, and as humans, we function better when we develop a dependable routine. To get back on track, try something simple and see what a profound difference it makes. Every choice can be mindful! Let's begin gently.
Bathroom / Detox Time:
- Evacuate your bladder and bowels. Don’t strain, if you have delays, you can practice alternate nostril breathing and talk to an ayurvedic consultant for practical tips to encourage more effective detox / elimination.
- Wash your eyes with cool water and massage the eyelids by gently rubbing them.
- Blink your eyes 7 times and rotate them in all directions. Pat dry your face with a clean towel and give yourself a cheeky smile in the mirror.
- Swish your mouth and gums with sesame oil to promote strong teeth and healthy gums. Gently massage your gums after spitting oil in the trash (not the sink).
- Scrape your tongue with a metal tongue scraper or the back of a spoon, back to front, removing the coating of toxins that accumulated overnight as part of your bodies natural healing process.
- Transform your life with nasal care by using Nasya Oil, or a Neti Pot each day. Cleanse your sinus network by using warm distilled water + salt in your Neti Pot – rinse both sides, gently washing out excess mucous to reduce seasonal allergies and colds. Nourish your sinus, reduce headaches and soothe your mind with a few drops of Nasya Oil. We prefer Himalayan Institute Neti Pot kit and the Ayurvedic Institute Nasya Oil.
- Support your body’s detox process by drinking a glass of warm or room temp water to cleanse your kidneys and GI tract. If recommended by your ayurvedic consultant, add lemon, lime or therapeutic herbs according to your constitution.
Take care of yourself in body, energy, mind and soul. You are a divine gift! You deserve the best.