Every time we roll out our yoga mats we tap into a deep well of knowledge and methods developed over thousands of years from all over the world to help us live a happier more fulfilling life. Studying yoga by attending classes a few times week has changed many people’s lives but often is just the tip of the iceberg. If you are seeking to make yoga apart of your every day life, mind, body, spirit and develop the skills to share it with others, join Amy Johnson and Jayme Bushmiaer-Davis for Eastside Karmany Yoga Teacher Training Certification programs!
Our foundational 200 hour teacher training certification meets the requirements set by Yoga Alliance. This level of training certification is considered the gold-standard for those who wish to begin teaching yoga or for those who simply want to have a more profound understanding of yoga. There are not prerequisites for our 200 hour program except the strong desire to know more.
- Learn over 200 classic poses along with adjustments, modifications, and intensifications for each
- Develop a working knowledge of different schools of yoga, including Iyengar, Ashtanga, and hybrid forms of vinyasa flow.
- Study the history and philosophy of yoga, drawing from both ancient and modern sources
- Study the basic principles of both Eastern and Western healing techniques, including basic anatomy, Ayurveda, acupressure, and meditation
- Study and master breathing techniques
- Develop strong communication skills and teaching techniques to help you become a better yoga teacher
- Develop your own personal yoga philosophy and learn how use that to sequence and plan a class
- Learn to live, love, and embrace the yogic lifestyle
Thursday evenings are casual and intimate book discussions at Jayme’s home. The first book we will discuss is How Yoga Works by Gesha Michael Roache and Christy McNalley. It’s a perfect introduction to living the yoga lifestyle. The second book we will explore is the ancient text The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali. In it you will explore detailed methods to living yoga in which we will explore together and apply them to our daily lives.
Training days are on Saturdays with Amy and Sundays with Jayme and meet at Eastside Karmany at the designated times below. You will learn all the details on the postures, attend several workshops led by experts in Anatomy, Acupuncture and Ayurveda and voice lessons with a professional opera singer, practice teach and much more!
Part of training is working on your personal practice as well as auditing your lead teachers’ classes. You must attend 5 classes a week total with Amy and Jayme.
- Thursdays – Book Discussions – 6:30-8:30 PM
- Saturdays – Attend the 10:00 AM yoga class with Jayme and Training from 12:30 – 5:30 PM with Amy
- Sundays – Attend the 11:00 AM yoga class with Amy and training 12:30 – 5:30 PM with Jayme
Amy and Jayme have been teaching yoga in DFW since 2001 and 2005 respectively. While this their 5th training to partner together, they have co-led over 20 teacher trainings all together, helping over 150 students in DFW become certiried instructors. The role of teacher is a great honor for them and they feel a great duty to make sure aspiring teachers have the proper tools to communicate yoga confidently and competently. They will work with you personally to reach your goals.
How Yoga Works by Gesha Michael Roache
The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali
The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele