"The ultimate aim of Yoga is to empower you to see, feel, and live life fearlessly. The greatest accomplishment of practice is to fully be the luminous being you were meant to be."
At least 5,000 years ago tantric visionaries, inspired by the deepest reverence and passion for unveiling the sacred beauty and mysteries of life, developed what we know as the practice of Hatha Yoga.
As described in the various tantric texts, Hatha Yoga includes the following practices: asana, pranayama, bandha, kriya, mudra, mantra, meditation as well as practices pertaining to kundalini awakening, along with a seemingly endless array of other techniques and knowledge.
Tantra, by providing infinite ways to expand the reach and power of yoga, is its most complete and sublime approach. Incorporating the wisdom of ayurveda and the whole of brahma vidya ("supreme science") or knowledge of the underlying reality, tantra provides a direct and accelerated path to achieving life"s ultimate aims.
Tantra's core principle asserts that through self-knowledge and the cultivation of our innate power, we can unfold our fullest potential and thus achieve both worldly and spiritual prosperity.
This 5-day training* is open to practitioners and teachers of all levels. Master teacher and guide, Rod Stryker, will lead students, through theory and practice, on a journey of self-empowerment and discovery. The training will demystify the tantric approach to yoga and explore its key touchstones of practice and wisdom that open the doorway to thriving: physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
This five-day practice and teacher training intensive* is open to all interested students. Using the traditional tools of Hatha as our foundation we explore, through practice and theory, Tantra as the full flowering of Yoga, as well as, its uniquely profound approaches to meditation.
Practices will weave together dynamic vinyasa flow, asana, bandhas, and mudra in combination with breath work, meditation, and visualization techniques. Class time will also include lecture, theory, Q & A, meditation, and chanting.
The training consists of two parts: open morning practices and afternoon theory sessions. Morning practices are open to all dedicated practitioners (*participation in the training is not required for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning sessions but will be subject to availability two weeks prior to the training) and include Asana, Pranayama, and meditation that highlight five distinct outcomes of a specifically focused practice.
For those doing the training (open to all interested students - teachers and non-teachers alike), afternoon sessions will deepen our exploration through additional practices, lectures, and Q & A sessions. The principles we cover can be applied to enlighten our own practice or that of our students'.
Subjects covered during the training include:
- Ayurveda and Yoga
- The Prana of Asana
- Awakening the Spirit (Shakti) of Practice
- Laya Yoga––the science of the chakras
- Meditation in the Tantric tradition
- Yoga Nidra
Additional Important Information
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings will be open to those interested in attending just the AM sessions. Registration for these AM sessions will open 2 weeks prior to the training and be priced at $75 per class or $195 for all three. If you would like to be added to the wait list for these morning sessions "only" participation contact us
- After your enrollment, you will be added to an invitation only, closed Facebook group where you can seek or offer room shares and ride shares with other students in the same training. This group also serves as a forum to continue discussing the teachings after the training.
- At the close of the training all participants are eligible to receive a certificate of completion. However, it is not rewarded on the basis of enrollment. Attendance at all sessions and completion of all contact hours is required. Certificates can only be issued on the basis of hours completed by the close of the training.
8:30am - 11:30am, and
1:00pm - 5:00pm
The founder of ParaYoga, Rod Stryker, is widely considered to be one of the preeminent yoga and meditation teachers in the United States. He is renowned for his depth of knowledge, practical wisdom, and unique ability to transmit the deepest aspect of the teachings and practices to modern audiences and students from all walks of life. Rod has taught for more than thirty years, training teachers leading corporate seminars, yoga retreats, and workshops throughout the world.
Acclaimed as a leading voice for the ancient traditions, accomplished Yogi, teacher, lecturer, and writer, Rod’s down-to-earth approach is informed as much by his mastery of the sublime teachings, as it is by his love of life and devotion to his wife and four children.
Rod is the author of The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity and Freedom. He is on the advisory boards of the Kripalu Institute for Extraordinary Living, the Give Back Yoga Foundation and Yoga International magazine. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Himalayan Institute.
"There is a pristine place in each of us that is of the same stuff that lights the most distant star. Recognize it and discover a power and insight that will guide you to flourish in every area of your life." –– Rod Stryker
Rod currently lives in Colorado with his wife Gina, and their four children Jaden, Theo, Asha, and Atreya.
- A well rested and well hydrated body; an open mind, body and spirit.
- Your own yoga mat, towel and props that you utilize in your practice.
- Full day participants for the five-day intensive are recommended to have several yoga blankets on hand. Also bring your own mat, a meditation cushion, pen and paper and anything that you utilize in your practice and study that will assist in making your participation comfortable and enjoyable.
- Please bring your own bottled water.
Required for Certification: Kundalini Tantra, by Swami Satyananda Saraswati (first 193 pages).
Special policy with Rod Stryker/ParaYoga Events
Costs, Discounts, and Cancellations For Trainings and Workshops
Early bird rate requires all tuition costs be paid in full 60 days prior to the event. If total costs are not paid in full 60 days prior to the event, participant is no longer eligible for the early bird discount, course fees will thus revert the regular (higher) cost.
ADMINISTRATION FEE: A $100.00 administration fee will be applied to each and every cancellation. Cancellations less $100 can only be made up to 30 days prior to the event. In addition, the balance is not refundable, but is transferable (less the administrative fee $100 ) to future ParaYoga sponsored event. After 30 days the balance less the non refundable administrative fee are non- refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel, you may "gift" your space to another person (one time only).
If you "gift" your space, you must notify Living Yoga Dallas in writing via email prior to the start of the event with the name and all contact info of the person taking your place.
For morning practice sessions only
In the event of cancellation of the morning practice sessions registration ONLY, 50% of the amount paid will be transferable to future ParaYoga sponsored events (the balance/ 50% is non-refundable/non-transferable).
Due to Urban development, limited space and the exciting growth of Living Yoga Dallas events, we cannot guarantee a parking place per participant. Parking will be on a first-come, first-served basis, and we highly encourage you to carpool. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
For more information, contact us or phone 214-366-2217