I went back to Uptown Yoga to visit friends and teachers I haven't seen in ages. It was here that I developed my teaching form over a decade ago - it was here that I first found my journey to yoga. Here are the Drop In Notes on my experience...and why I will always come back.
- Teacher / Instructor Name - Alexandra Grimm
- Neighborhood - Uptown near McKinney
- Parking - On the street – prepare to possibly walk a block or 2
- Type of Class - Vinyasa Flow – All Levels - 6:45pm – 7:45pm
- Approx # in attendance - 30+
- The Big takeaway - It inspired me to get my mojo rising
- The impact to my personal practice - Variations on twists that I’ve already added to my practice
- The impact as a Yoga Teacher - I'll share what I've learned with my students - I used her variations the next day - it's par for the course for Alexandria to design amazing variations.
This class is for folks who enjoy Yoga for fitness – aerobic and strong, combined with breath focus, grounded in yoga philosophy
- What makes this place and teacher exceptional
- the teachers collaborate on innovation so you’re always learning something new but still with unified consistency.
- It was good to be ‘home’ – it’s been 4 years since my last practice and 8 years since I taught there.